GENTLE PROCEDURES CLINIC UPDATE
Gentle Procedures Perth is open for circumcision for babies under the age of 3 months only. All other circumcision procedures will be scheduled for a later date.
- Delaying infant circumcision can give rise to the higher risk of contraindications (such as a buried penis), increased rates of complication, more pain, longer recovery.
- Babies also require much less contact time with doctor and staff, and therefor less chance of transmission of COVID-19.
We are taking the following actions to help prevent the spread of the disease:
- Screening of every patient during telephone or email reminders prior to their appointment.
- All equipment and surfaces are cleaned and disinfected systematically through out the day at more regular intervals than usual.
- We are limiting the number of visitors that can come with patients to two. E.g. Circumcision patients can only have two parents or guardians. They will have their temperatures taken at the front door and turned away if elevated.
- If parents cannot attend in person for follow up this can be done via telephone or video.
We hope this provides you with confidence in our strong commitment to our patients while keeping our employees and communities as safe as possible.
Our focus is on the health and safety of our patients, employees and their families and communities while ensuring we are continuing to meet service commitments to our patients.
INFORMATION ON COVID-19
COVID-19 belongs to a family of viruses that can cause the common cold. This virus originated in animals and then jumped over to human hosts. For the most part, it doesn’t significantly affect young and/or healthy persons. Casualties usually arise in the elderly and those who have significant medical problems.
COVID-19 spreads via contact with an infected individual or their body fluids (e.g. saliva, sputum, stool). It is NOT airborne. Handwashing is the most important defense against the virus.
Symptoms of COVID-19:
The symptoms of COVID-19 are like other respiratory illnesses including the flu and common cold. They include coughing, fever, sore throat and difficulty breathing.
You can also visit the Australian Government information site for updated details anytime at https://www.australia.gov.au/
If you think you have the COVID-19 virus do the following:
- Stay at home
- Contact your family physician/local health unit for further direction
We will continue to monitor developments regarding the virus moving forward. We appreciate your understanding and support.